Window treatments are a great way to enhance the style and privacy of any room in your home. Consider solar screens if you want to explore new options for your windows. Not only do they provide all the benefits of traditional sunscreens, but they also add pleasing aesthetics and curb appeal.
By installing the best solar screens, you can enjoy the advantages of natural light while reducing your energy costs. If you don’t know where to start, don’t worry. This article will guide you through the process and help you choose the type of solar screen that best suits your home decor needs and budget requirements.
Let’s continue reading to discover how long solar screens last and utilize local custom solar window screens in Phoenix, AZ.
What Are Solar Screens?
Solar screens are a popular type of window treatment that helps to reduce the amount of sunlight and heat that enters a home. Typically made with fiberglass or aluminum mesh material, they come in a wide range of styles, colors, and sizes, making it easy to customize their look to match any decor.
One of the best things about solar screens is that they are easy to install, so homeowners can add them to windows and patio doors and get protection against harmful UV rays. With routine maintenance, solar screens can last for a few years while adding sun protection.
If you’re looking for an effective way to reduce energy costs and protect your home from the sun, solar screens may be just what you need. They protect you from the sun and add overall style and appeal to your home. Standard and custom solar window screens in Gilbert, AZ, last approximately 3-4 years or more.
5 Signs Your Solar Screens Need Replacing
If you’re having trouble opening or closing your windows due to a faulty window screen, it’s a clear sign that there’s an issue. If operating your windows has become a hassle to the point where you’d rather keep them closed all day, it’s a good indication that your screens need replacing.
Here are five signs that it’s time to replace your solar screens:
- 1. Your Solar Screens Are Damaged: If you notice a hole or tear in your screen, it’s obvious that it needs replacing with Phoenix solar screens. However, the damage can be hard to spot. If you see fraying or signs of wear and tear on the edges of your solar screens, replacing them before they rip or tear completely is a good idea.
- 2. Lookin’ Shiny: Over time, solar screens can get worn down by the elements and start to look shiny instead of matte. If this is the case, it’s a good indication that they need solar screen replacement services. Solar screen companies like Stellar Sunscreens provide free estimates and expert installation services.
- 3. Bugs Have Invaded: If you’ve been dealing with an influx of bugs in your home during the warmer months, your window screens may be to blame. Even the smallest hole or tear can be enough to let bugs in, so inspect your screens and find any entry points.
- 4. Gettin’ Noisy: In addition to blocking out bugs and debris, window screens can also help reduce noise from outside. If you can hear your neighbors’ conversations through your screens, it’s likely time to replace them. Custom solar screens provide the right solution when standard sizes don’t fit.
- 5. Hard To Open: If you’re having difficulty opening your windows, sliding doors, or screen doors, the screens may be warping and no longer sit properly in the window frame. When you have Phoenix solar screens installed by Stellar Sunscreens, we warranty our products and installation services.
Are solar screens worth the money if energy bills are soaring for most people? Yes, especially if you noticed a spike in your energy bill this summer. Your window screens may be to blame. Solar screens reduce the amount of light and heat that enter your home. Therefore, solar screen companies are available to help you out.
How Can I Get the Best Custom Window Screens in Phoenix, AZ?
That’s easy. Call or contact Stellar Sunscreens today and talk to one of our friendly experts about replacing your damaged solar screens.